- Boot Camp Format: 5 days
- Required Exam: SY0-401
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification is an internationally recognized testing program sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) that certifies the knowledge of a security professional in the IT industry. Security+ certification is recognized around the world as the benchmark for foundation-level security professionals. Incorporating a comprehensive range of security knowledge areas, Security+ was developed with input from industry, government, academia and front-line practitioners, so you can be assured of its relevance.
- Completion of A+ or Network +, or
- 2+ years of experience in the field; or
- 1+ years of experience in the field with College Degree.
- Recommend that candidates have at least some Windows navigation experience.
Course Outline: Please download PDF
Why CompTIA Security+?
- Approved by U.S. Dept. of Defense to meet IA technical and management certification requirements
- Chosen by professional staff at Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as CSC, General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman
- Updated every 3 years and part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program
CompTIA Security+ certified professionals qualify for these careers:
- Network administrator
- Network security administrator
- Systems administrator
- 1 certification exam
- Performance-based and multiple choice
- 90 minutes
- 90 questions maximum
Need Help Signing Up For Training?