must hold Secret Clearance. Work location is located at FT. Belvior, VA
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of technical activities for telecommunications projects requiring experience in network infrastructure, installation procedures, and signal-transmission characteristics of telecommunications systems. They must possess in-depth knowledge of theories and techniques associated with inside/outside fixed plant facilities and have sound knowledge of telecommunications electronics theories, concepts, and principles to perform the duties listed.
- Associates/Technical Degree
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Must have exposure to Communications Security (COMSEC) disciplines
- Maintains and repairs local and long haul telecommunications circuits, networks, and systems
- Performs complex troubleshooting tasks involving systems or end-to-end circuit problems with multiple transmission types (i.e., combination of radio, carrier, cable, fiber, open wire, line treatment and/or interconnecting customer equipment)
- Provides engineering support and manages systems interfaces for Data Modems, Circuit Conditioning and Transmission Systems, Digital/Analog Telephone Switching Systems, Signaling, Multiplex, Data
- Transmission/Teleprocessing and Trunking, Fiber Optics systems and cables, copper cabling, Intercommunications and Open Wire Systems, Power Subscriber Carrier Systems, Telecommunications Circuit/Terminal Control Systems, Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) and other associated systems and circuitry
- Manages the Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) nodes to include: Defense Information Systems
- Network (DISN) Services Node, Technical Control Facility (TCF), Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET) node, Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) node, Integrated Digital Network Exchange (IDNX) PROMINA 800 node, Data Asynchronous Transfer Mode Services (DATMS) node sites, local and long haul fiber optic transport nodes with the responsibility to provide the DISN Global Networks and Operations Security Center (GNOSC) with local site and distant end troubleshooting
This role requires working in rotating shifts, Specialist must remain on duty regardless of weather, fire, earthquakes or other natural disturbances.