- Boot Camp Format: 5 days
- Required Exam: ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
The course forms part of the ITIL Intermediate qualification program. The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course.
This enables the organization to introduce Capacity Management, Availability Management, ITSCM, Information Security Management, Demand Management and Risk Management processes as an integral part of its overall business-focused Services Framework.
The purpose of Planning, Protection & Optimization is to obtain knowledge on ITIL terminology, process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL. The course provide delegates with practical guidance on the design and implementation of an integrated end-to-end processes based on proven industry best practice guidelines. The course prepare delegates for the ITIL Capability examination in Planning, Protection & Optimization. Students will gain knowledge of the Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes, including:
- Utilizing capacity and availability management to realize successful Service Design
- Ensuring that services are fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Applying Continual Service Improvement
- Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
- The ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate (or v3-v4 bridge equivalent) is required to take the ITIL Certification Exam on the final day
- Pre-course reading required. Approximately 1 hour of home study each evening
Course Outline: Please download PDF
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of Planning, Protection & Optimization processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- 1 certification exams
- ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 90 minutes
- Closed book.
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
Need Help Signing Up For Training?
Please complete below form for help
* These fields are required.