- Boot Camp Format: 3 days
ITIL Continual Service Improvement
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage. Additionally the course looks at the concept of CSI as a practice and at the interfaces between CSI and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The purpose of the CSI course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL concepts and terminology. The course looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in CSI. It also aims to give a detailed management/business level understanding of the ITIL® CSI phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization. The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of CSI in the Service Lifecycle. The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Continual Service Improvement. Through activities, students will gain knowledge of the Continual Service Improvement processes:
- Justifying the role of continual service improvement
- Applying the 7-step improvement process to enhance service quality and operational performance
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Creating a communication plan to engage the organization around CSI for IT service management
- Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
- The ITIL v4 Foundation Certificate (or v3-v4 bridge equivalent) is required to take the ITIL Certification Exam on the final day
- Pre-course reading required. Approximately 1 hour of home study each evening
Course Outline: Please download PDF
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of Planning, Protection & Optimization processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- 1 certification exam
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 90 minutes
- Closed book.
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
Need Help Signing Up For Training?
Please complete below form for help
* These fields are required.