Located at Washington, DC 20431-Metro Accessible
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of technical activities for telecommunications projects requiring experience in network infrastructure, installation procedures, and signal-transmission characteristics of telecommunications systems. They must possess in-depth knowledge of theories and techniques associated with inside/outside fixed plant facilities and have sound knowledge of telecommunications electronics theories, concepts, and principles to perform the duties listed.
- Strong Excel 2016 skills, can be from school, graduate or undergraduate level.
- Providing support to Economists with difficult Excel needs.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of the following is a must:
- Pivot Tables: Know how to create a Pivot Table
- Excel Functions: Good understanding of functions, how to use them and where to look for them
- Charts: Create and modify charts
- Excel Macros: Need to be able to record and run macros.
- Basic programming skills and database knowledge is required.
- Experience with VBA programming or similar programming experience from school or work a plus.
- Good interpersonal/customer support skills are also key as part of this job requires system support and interacting with economists and staff researchers.
- Undergraduate degree required (Information Systems or IT is a plus)
- Working with the Economists to understand business and work with Economic data.
- Will support Enterprise-wide users from a Tier 2 and Tier 3 perspective.
- Willingness to learn, support users with a positive attitude.
- Support anything related to Excel.
- Any Economic background a plus – will be supporting economic data.
- Willingness to learn and support users with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities will include providing Tier 2 support on Excel and related applications.
Working directly with staff members throughout the client site in the retrieval and manipulation of economic data (i.e., developing macros/add-ins to streamline economic research/analysis).
Providing training to users.