ASM Educational Center, Inc. (ASM) located in the Greater Washington DC Metropolitan Area is Authorized under Federal law by the US Department of Homeland Security (SEVP: Student Exchange Visitor Program) to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
Washington D.C. is a vibrant, multicultural world-class city that ranks among the best in the world. It’s a city full with museums and monuments that are among the most visited in the USA, historic neighborhoods, festivals, entertainment venues, shopping, and a wide variety of international restaurants. It even has 5 professional sports teams!
In its 2012 annual survey of Favorite American Cities, Travel & Leisure ranked Washington D.C.:
Historical sites/monuments (#1)
Free attractions (#1)
Cultural getaway (#2)
Family vacation (#5)
ASM’s HQ facility is located in Rockville, Maryland (30 minutes from Washington DC). State of Maryland is one of the 50 states in the United States of America. Maryland was one of the original 13 US States.
Maryland has so many different natural features that it is named “America in Miniature”. There are parks, beaches, mountains, forests, and countryside. The Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in the United States is also in Maryland.
The weather in Maryland is usually comfortable. Fortunately, Maryland has all 4 seasons. The average temperature in Summer is around 85 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius). The average temperature in Winter is around 45 degrees Fahrenheit ( 7 degrees Celsius). The Spring and Fall are very beautiful with mild temperatures, bright sunlight and breathtaking views.
ASM and International Students:
ASM had the pleasure of providing Training to variety of International Students from around the globe. Please click here to see list of countries served by ASM.
ASM can offer a variety of training subjects (IT/Technical, English and more).
Please see ASM’s extensive list of course offerings throughout our site by clicking here.
ASM has served self-funded individuals as well as company-sponsored groups.
ASM has also created customized curriculum/program based on our customer’s needs.
- Successful operation since 1992 (29 years)
- Family-owned and operated
- Authorized to issue I-20 for International Students
- Founders are immigrants and familiar with cultures from around the world
- ASM’s Partner for English Programs has operated for 45+ years
- All English programs are accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training
- 95% first time passing rate on IT certification exams taken on-site at ASM facility
- 100% of ASM students return for additional courses
- Small size classes (10)
- Free unlimited access to Computer and Cisco Labs during non-instructional hours
- Learn from variety of other students in class about their experiences
- Join study groups in the evenings to help learn the material and discuss practice exam questions
- Proven track record
- Personal service
- Shared experiences of multi-cultural, multi-lingual and flexible staff with a solid background[/bs_notification]
ASM One-stop, Full Package Experience:
- Meet and Greet at Airport with Airport transportation (additional fees apply)
- Assistance with boarding/housing (additional fees apply)
- Opportunities for non-academic and social excursions (additional fees apply)
- Field Trips and Customized Field Trips (additional fees apply)
- Assistance with opening USA bank account (for longer term students)
- Assistance for family members/dependents—(English Classes/Day Care Center recommendations)
- Assistance with locations of Halal markets/restaurants (For students with specific dietary needs)
- And much more!
Once you have provided requested information to ASM questionnaire, if you wish to proceed with the I-20 Application process, you will need to take the following steps:
1. I-20 Application Fee: Make a deposit of USD $595.00 (non-refundable). Send us an e-mail notifying deposit payment, with your complete and updated address. You can also click here to pay via PayPal/Credit Card.
2. Upon receipt of application fee along with complete set of requested documents, we will send you a “draft” of I-20 for your review.
3. Upon complete verification of I-20 accuracy, we will send you the Original I-20 along with supporting documents (including Acceptance Letter, Instructional Letter, and Cover Letter) via express mail. Tracking information will be provided.
4. After receiving I-20 Form issued by ASM, proceed to make your Visa Appointment at a US Embassy and apply for M-1 Visa (the student visa) by presenting the “Original” I-20 Form we issued to you along with complete supporting documents as per the “checklist” which will be included in your package.
5. Once you get your visa, please contact us immediately to make financial arrangements. The tuition fee must be FULLY deposited into our bank account (at least 2 weeks prior to first day of class) before you can start your training. ASM has the right to deny access to training if “full” tuition fee is not paid on time.
IMPORTANT: International Students are not eligible for our Scholarship Program. To be eligible for our Scholarship Program, the student must be a United States Permanent Resident or US Citizen. Also, we don’t offer any Grants to International Students.