# of Openings 2 Job Locations US-Work remotely-4 days/wk + 1 day/wk in Tysons Corner Category Information Technology Agency/Project FMCSA
More information about this job:
ASM is currently staffing for a Help Desk Coordinator to work the helpdesk in support of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Commercial Drivers’ License Information System (CDLIS) Gateway. This position is remote/from home four (4) days per week with one (1) day in the Tysons Corner headquarters office of OBXtek.
Receive service requests and incident reports form a variety of sources. This requires constant monitoring of group emails, ticketing system, telephone and walk up customers. Make sure classroom requests are serviced immediately and all others are dispatched in a timely fashion. Support will also be provided for other technologies deployed in the Academy. This includes but is not limited to thin clients, virtual desktops, printers, VTC equipment, Smartboards, and Crestron touch panels.
Tier 1 helpdesk position requires taking incoming calls from Vendor Support Center contract holders using the Genesys Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System. This is a mid-volume contact center open Monday – Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm (1,800 calls per month). Primary role is supporting the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Commercial Drivers’ License Information System (CDLIS) Gateway which provides access to approximately 12,000 users to CDL information on US, Mexican and Canadian CMV drivers.
All CDLIS user account processes are documented in the Helpdesk Procedures Manual. Primary responsibilities are to activate and deactivate user accounts and reset passwords. The Helpdesk ticket tracking system is BMC Remedy. All calls are entered into BMC Remedy. State data issues are reported to FMCSA and AAMVA (the CDLIS system operator). Applicants must be able to clearly articulate the issue verbally and in writing.
The Help Desk Coordinator will be trained to use the FMCSA CDLIS transactions using the FMCSA Gateway Website. Issues are reported via bugs or tasks in Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012. SharePoint is also in TFS 2012.
FCWD Assistant is required to manage all paper convictions received from 51 States and jurisdictions for Commercial Drivers’ License entry into the FCWD. This position requires one day every week at OBXtek, Inc. headquarters in Tysons Corner. Documents will be scanned and recorded prior to being triaged for data entry. Triage includes a comparison of the paper documents against a standard format specification. Documents are triaged into those that are ready for entry into the FCWD, those that require the States to correct or complete the data and documents that should be destroyed. The applicant must be able to clearly describe the data issues (i.e., 5 convictions received missing the State Driver License).
Requirements and processes are documented in the FCWD Procedures Document and CDLIS State Procedures Manual. Applicants will be fully trained, but are expected to be able to read and understand the requirements and system documentation. Scanned documents and excel spreadsheets are posted to SharePoint. After the data has been entered into the FCWD, the FCWD Assistant will verify its accuracy using the Gateway’s website. FCWD will report to the Senior Business Analyst.
- Tier 1 Phone and email support, using the Genesys IVR System and Outlook
- Creating and deactivating accounts, account password resets
- Write system downtime notifications using a template
- Ticket creation and assignment using BMC Remedy Ticket Tracking System
- Ticket and problem escalation as necessary
- Reviewing, using and updating written procedures
- Attending training courses as required
- Reviewing and understanding project and system documentation
- Compiling and scanning of paper convictions
- Triage of convictions for entry into FCWD, reporting triage results and escalating
- Returning paper convictions to the States for correction via mail and email
- Verifying data entered into the FCWD
- Other duties as assigned by PM and Business Lead
Skills and Education:
Applicant must have good usable knowledge of MS Office. This is a work from home position. All training will take place using GoTo Meeting as a webinar tool. Must have high speed internet and land line phone at home.
- Tier one phone support with an excellent phone demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a highly visible and high pressure environment
- Efficient with typing and speaking to users at the same time
- Multitask and setting priority to ticket status
- Skilled at using a helpdesk ticketing system
- Experience using Genesys Interactive Voice Response System, BMC Remedy ticket tracking system, Microsoft Lync, Team Foundation Server 2012, and SharePoint a plus (training will be provided)
- Spanish language skills a plus
High school diploma or equivalent
Please Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org