Must hold Secret Clearance from DoD. Work location is in Fort Belvior, VA
Under indirect supervision, the Secret cleared Intermediate Desktop Support Engineers role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the Regional Network Enterprise Center, National Capital Region (RNEC-NCR) desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and Black Berries) to ensure optimal performance.
- Expert technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware.
- Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Windows 7 operation and software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of AD, Server 2012, remote control tools and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Proven customer service skills and effective time management, planning and organizing skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or related is preferred.
- A technical or vocational school diploma or work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- 3-8 years of experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support.
- Expert-level skills in Service Desk operations.
- Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Higher certifications that meet IAT II and IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
- Applicant must also have the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 120 days from his/her start date:
- MCSA: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- MCSA Windows 10 (70-697): Configuring Windows Devices, within 90 days