- Online Format
- Required Exam: SY0-501
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
- National Initiative for
(NICE) and CompTIA (Chart)
- DoD Mandate
CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification is an internationally recognized testing program sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) that certifies the knowledge of a security professional in the IT industry. Security+ certification is recognized around the world as the benchmark for foundation-level security professionals. Incorporating a comprehensive range of security knowledge areas, Security+ was developed with input from industry, government, academia and front-line practitioners, so you can be assured of its relevance.
Our CompTIA Security+ Certification Online Training Program keeps the same quality of our CompTIA Security+ Certification Live Instructor Training Program but it is done at student pace and it is available for 24 hours in a 12 month period.
- Completion of A+ or Network+, or
- 2+ years of experience in the field; or
- 1+ years of experience in the field with a College Degree
- Recommend that candidates have at least some Windows navigation experience.
Course Outline: Please download PDF
Why CompTIA Security+?
- Approved by U.S. Dept. of Defense to meet IA technical and management certification requirements
- Chosen by professional staff at Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as CSC, General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman
- Updated every 3 years and part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program
CompTIA Security+ certified professionals qualify for these careers:
- Network administrator
- Network security administrator
- Systems administrator
- 1 certification exam
- Performance-based and multiple choice
- 90 minutes
- 90 questions maximum
Need Help Signing Up For Training?
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
(CompTIA course map to NICE)
See how CompTIA certifications “map” to the NICE framework “categories” and “specialty” areas.
(Explore the interactive chart)