- Boot Camp Format: 5 days
- Required Exam: PT0-001
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
National Initiative for
(NICE) and CompTIA (Chart)
CompTIA PenTest+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of PenTest, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT.
CompTIA PenTest+ joins CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) at the intermediate-skills level of the cybersecurity career pathway as shown below. Depending on your course of study, PenTest+ and CySA+ can be taken in any order but typically follows the skills learned in Security+. While CySA+ focuses on defense through incident detection and response, PenTest+ focuses on offense through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment.
Although the two exams teach opposing skills, they are dependent on one another. The most qualified cybersecurity professionals have both offensive and defensive skills. Earn the PenTest+ certification to grow your career within the CompTIA recommended cybersecurity career pathway.
- Completion of Network+ or Security+, or
- 2+ years of experience in the field; or
- 1 + years of experience in the field with a College Degree
- Recommend that candidates have at least some Windows navigation experience.
Course Outline: Please download PDF
Why CompTIA PentTest+?
- Approved by U.S. Dept. of Defense to meet IA technical and management certification requirements
- Chosen by professional staff at Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as CSC, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman
- Updated every 3 years and part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program
CompTIA PenTest+ certified professionals qualify for these careers:
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability
- 1 certification exam
- Performance-based and multiple choice
- 90 minutes
- 90 questions maximum
Need Help Signing Up For Training?
Please complete below form for help
* These fields are required.
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
(CompTIA course map to NICE)
See how CompTIA certifications “map” to the NICE framework “categories” and “specialty” areas.
(Explore the interactive chart)