[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-chevron-right”] Types of Attacks
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- SYN Flood
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Ping Sweep
- Port Scan
- Salami attack
- Session or TCP Hijacking
- Buffer Overflow
- Scareware and Ransomeware
- Password attack
- Covert channels
[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-chevron-right”] Web Attacks
- SQL Injection – An injection of SQL query through input data from client to application (database).
- Command Injection – User injects commands specified by an attacker in a vulnerable application – usually due to lack of strict input validation requirements in application.
- Cross Site Scripting – Where malicious scripts are injected into an otherwise benign and trusted website and action traverses to another website.
- Cross Site Request Forgery – In which a user is made to execute unwanted actions in a web application by an attacker.
- Zero Day Exploits – attacks that take advantage of vulnerabilities that are unpublished and unknown by the vendor.
Source by wikipedia
To Become Cretified For CISSP Please Visit This Link ;