–Uses a pair of keys (private and public) for encryption and decryption
–Built upon hard-to-resolve mathematical problem using factorization, discreet logarithms, and the elliptic curve theory.
–Slower than symmetric algorithm.
[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-chevron-right”] Types of Asymmetric Systems
- The Diffie-Hellman Algorithm
- El Gamal
- Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems
- Zero Knowledge Proof
[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-chevron-right”] Symmetric Systems
–Uses a shared secret key for encryption and decryption
–Based on mathematical transposition and substitution functions
–Faster than asymmetric and hard to break.
- Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- Advance Encryption Standard (AES)
- International Data Encryption Algorithm (IDEA)
Source by wikipedia
To Become Cretified For CISSP Please Visit This Link ;