1. Your manager asks you to implement a system that can filter out unwanted content, such as viruses and unproductive Internet content. The best way to accomplish this would be through a system that implements a:
a. Circuit-level gateway
b. Proxy server
c. Packet filtering firewall
d. DMZ host
e. Bastion host
2. Which of the following is the function of PGP?
a. Filter unwanted Internet traffic
b. Create a buffered security zone
c. Provide access control functionality
d. Boot a *Nix server that is not operational as the result of an attack
e. Provide message encryption services
3. How do mandatory access controls protect access to restricted resources?
a. Sensitivity labeling
b. User-level share permissions
c. Server-level share permissions
d. Role-oriented permissions
e. ACL lists
4. You notice a rapid increase in the number of ICMP requests coming from a single host. The requests are continuous and have been occurring for minutes. What kind of attack are you likely experiencing?
a. Ping flood
d. Buffer overflow
e. You are not experiencing an attack
5. Your company requires secure remote access through a terminal to a server. Which of the following would provide such secure access?
6. Which of the following is an advantage of symmetric-key cryptography in comparison to asymmetric-key cryptography?
a. Symmetric keys are stronger than asymmetric keys
b. Symmetric key systems are more scalable than asymmetric systems
c. Symmetric key systems are faster than their asymmetric counterparts
d. Symmetric key systems can operate in more than layers of the OSI model than can asymmetric systems
e. None of the above
7. Which of the following is not a way that IDS systems are commonly classified?
8. Which of the following provides tunneling over the data-link layer?
9. Which of the following authentication factors is considered the strongest?
a. Type 1
b. Type 2
c. Type 3
d. Type 4
e. Type 5
10. You setup a packet-filtering firewall that accepts or rejects traffic based on the IP address of the source. What kind of attack is this firewall specifically vulnerable to?
a. Buffer overflow
b. Man-in-the-Middle attack
e. Distributed denial of service
11. Your manager complains that he cannot remember his password. You have also lost your copy of the password, but the MD5 hash of the password is stored in the database. How can you use the MD5 hash to recover the password?
a. Decrypt the hash using a shared secret key
b. Decrypt the hash using a public encryption system
c. Encrypt the hash using a shared secret key
d. Encrypt the hash of the hash using a shared secret key
e. You cannot recover the password from the hash
12. Which of the following parts of the CIA triangle are effectively ensured by cryptography?
a. Confidentiality Only
b. Integrity Only
c. Accessibility Only
d. Accessibility and Integrity Only
e. Confidentiality and Integrity Only
13. Which of the following is not a parameter of a security association in IPSec?
b. Source IP Address
c. Destination IP Address
d. Security Protocol ID
14. Which of the following is not considered a physical security threat?
c. Severe Weather
e. Buffer Overflow
15. Which of the following is a layer-3 device that connects two dissimilar network segments?
Your Progress and Final Thoughts
If you scored between 0 and 7 questions correct, you need to study the entire guide again. Obviously, you are lacking in mulitple areas of the security+ examination and could therefore benefit from reading all of the subject areas in depth.
If you scored between 8 and 11 questions correct, you should take a close look at the subject areas of the questions that you missed and carefully re-read and review the lessons in the guide concerning those specific areas. If you took the exam today, you would probably not pass with this sort of score.
If you scored between 12 and 15 questions correct, great job! You should probably glance over some of the questions that you missed and the corresponding guide article, but you are most likely ready to move on to our cram sheet. If you took the exam today, you would likely pass it.
We wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of Security+ certification. Be sure to check out our and take plenty of practice exams! We hope you do well.
Source by: <www.proprofs.com>
To Become Certified For CompTIA Security+ Please Visit This Link ;